Careers with Us
Our current vacancies
Job vacancy: Stress Engineer
Working with a growing aerospace interiors company , we are currently recruiting for a Stress Engineer to work on complex seating and composite strucutres. As the Stress Engineer you will be part of the design team carrying out detailed stress analysis using both classical hand-calculations and FE modelling.
You will have a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in a critical engineered product within the aerospace industry.
Stress Engineer skills and qualifications:
- BEng(Hons) Degree in Aerospace Engineering
- Experience of Detail Stress Analysis using Hand-Calculation Techniques.
- Experience of Nastran/Patran / FEMAP .
- MS Excel & Word skills (Essential).
- Basic knowledge of modelling and analysis of metalic and composite materials, as well their manufacturing process.
- Capable of writing clear and concise strength summary reports demonstrating adequate strength margins for all significant modes of failure.
- To present strength and stiffness analyses and test requirements and assessments at formal design reviews.
Base Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 + excellent benefits
Job vacancy: Composite panel Paint shop Prepper/Polisher
Starling Aerospace is seeking to employ a Paint shop Prepper/Polisher to work within the Decorative coatings department at its facilities/head office based in Leatherhead, Surrey.
The ideal candidate must be able to respond to verbal instruction and be self motivated.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in composites would be an advantage; however previous automotive body shop or VIP aircraft interior paint experience would be suitable.
- Competent in all aspects of paint preparation, masking, panel preparation and flat polishing lacquered panels to a very high standard.
- Work part of a small team producing finished components used in VIP aircraft interiors.
This position is not gender or age restrictive however all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK
Job vacancy: Experienced Sewing Machinist
Starling Aerospace who specialise in the manufacture of bespoke aircraft seating is seeking experienced Sewing Machinist.
The successful candidate must be able to complete aircraft seats from start to finish, attention to detail is important and seam width control needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Flat bed sewing-joining
- Top stitch sewing
- Detail sewing
- Experience of working with leather is desirable
- Must be able to follow both verbal and written instructions
- Be able to work on their own, as well as in a team
Hours: 40 hours per week (Monday-Thursday 7:30am - 4:30pm, Friday 7:30am - 2:00pm). Overtime as required.
Please apply only if you have relevant experience working as machinist (essential).